Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, April 13, 2012

It's A Mickey Birthday Party! Liam Turned One






Happy Birthday Liam! For Liam's birthday I decided on a Mickey theme, he seemed really into Mickey and I had some cute crafty ideas. I am all about maxing the look for minimum the dollar. Hope you enjoy all my Little touches and ideas.

I thought the invitations really set the theme from the start. These were handmade by my mom with card stock, buttons, printer and a sewing machine. Yes she stitched the pants (My mom is fabulous)




I love how she made everything just perfect to slip in the trousers, I also liked the little yellow slip that informed them on his size and things he wanted.

Decorations were a lot of fun to make. I thought the handmade really banner really turned out amazing.

I also thought the goodie bags turned out nicely. Filled with lots of Mickey mouse goodies. (they are pictured about the banner) I used the same templet as the invitations and also used buttons as well, however I did not stitch these.

Another cute decoration I used were these sad filled buckets, I then took sticks from the craft store and taped pictures from Liam's first year of life on card stock and then onto the sticks. It was a great way for people to enjoy memories and it was fun to look back on that year.
I also incorporated the letter blocks to spell out "happy birthday Liam" I thought they were just another simple but cute touch.




Another decoration that added a lot of bang for the buck was this little number.
I used very inexpensive crepe paper, and I found the middle mickey danglers at party city. It really helps if you tape out all the ends and then go back and twist and string into the middle.

One thing that the kids really enjoyed was right before cake Mickey himself showed up to the party ( my husband was thrilled when he had to wear it) but boy did the kids love him! and it really brought the party full swing! : )
Mickey and the birthday boy!
I also used this picture to make photo thank you cards from Walgreens to send to all the guest

The desert table really came out nicely, which we also used as the gift table. I choose to do cupcakes, I thought they would be easier for the kids. I did chocolate and vanilla but then just simple chocolate frosting with two red chips! They turned out perfect! I found black and red candies to fill the candy jar!


I also thought using foam letters to spell out his name would be a cute statement for the table. I found the letters at Michael's Craft Store.

I found this cardboard cup cake stand very cheap at Michael's as well it was on sale for under $4.00 so I purchased it and covered what didn't match with Mickey, it really fit in well with the colors.

He was truly spoiled with presents this day! My goodness!




Liam's first birthday went off without a hitch, a beautiful bbq, beautiful weather, and great company. We could not have asked for more. Liam is truly blessed. We are all so very thankful.


Birthday family photo : )

1 comment: