Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Things i wish someone would have told me when I was pregnant.

It seems you only realize things when its too late. So after buying a second car seat for my 5 month old son, and hating the first stroller we bought and few other mishaps or forgotten's along the way I thought I would share them all with you.

First I must say our son is a pretty big boy. At his 4 month check up he was weighing in at 18 pounds and 26 inches. Not to mention he has been hitting all his mile stones early, he has been holding his head up on his own since the day he was born.

On that note-I have to say infant car seats are pretty much a waste of time. We live in the city and we hardly drive, our son has maybe been in his seat 20 times and he is 5 months old now. I think they convertible seats are definitely the way to go when it comes to car seats. We ended up getting the Britax Boulevard car seat, he really enjoys being able to see everything around him and I really think he enjoys that it is more like a seat, whereas in the infant you are almost laying down.

Another big thing we realized was the stroller, which I spoke about in a previous post.

When looking at products, Obviously you want to check the safety ratings, but look how easy it is to remove things you will need to wash, seat covers, toys, etc. I wash my sons toys every night, wipe down his high chair twice a day (washing the cover about 2 times a week) always check over them to make sure they are in good condition, and nothing coming off of them , etc.



I would highly recommend a changing table with everything very accessible, or a really good couch cover bc, boy or girl they surprise pee and poo : )
I have heard from many parents, children's up-to 2 still using them.

Don't ever be ashamed to ask for help, take help, or tell someone you are overwhelmed.
It's so hard for women, we have to wear so many hats; Mother, daughter, wife, friend, maid....
Don't ever be ashamed of what you are feeling.


A few things we realized we needed after Liam was born:
-Burbcloths- my goodness does this child go through them.
-Bibs- I tend to keep a bib on Liam at all times, he drools so much it looks like he is in a wet t-shirt ten minutes after you dress him : )
-Wash new clothes in bundles bc odds are you will be taking some back if they still have the tags on them.
-Baby proof your house while you are still pregnant. You cant imagine how fast they grow, and you wont have a second to do it.
- Ask for everything you want/or need on your registry. You will be using all the items you think you don't need to buy for a while, you need them faster then you thought.
-Get infant tylenol, Gas relieving meds, and any other things you might need. It always seems to be in the middle of the night when you need them and you don't have them.
-Take as many pictures as possible : ) and enjoy the wild ride.

Hopefully this advice helps you feel a little less like this…





No comments:

Post a Comment