Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Schedule's and list.




I have always been big on list even before Liam was born. But now my life is truly swamped with lists and schedules. My days are so much longer now but in another sense so much shorter. Time is flying by. I cant seem to catch up sometimes, at least i have my camera to try and keep track for me : )

A lot of new mothers come to me and ask me about my schedule for Liam so I thought I would blog about it.

Liam wakes up some where around 6-7am. I always try to make sure he spends time in his crib before i get him out and start his day. I go in and check on him and give him a couple toys, change his diaper, turn the light on and take his blanket off.

Once we get out of bed we hang out and watch cartoons and play. Liam eats breakfast around 8:30-9am. After every feeding(of food) i let him lay down on his back for about 10 to 15 minutes just to let his food settle, then it is go go go : )

I let him sleep as much as he wants from wake up until 2:30pm. He usually only takes one nap around 11am it is normally only a 45 minute sometimes an hour. If I am lucky I will get him down for another one around 1ish.

Once 2:30pm hits it is eyes WIDE OPEN time. haha

Around 4pm i feed him dinner, bath at 5. after that we have play time then around 6 we settle down for bed and read books. I put him down for bed awake, i don't rock him to sleep anymore except in the middle of the nights for feedings and for naps in the afternoon.

on a normal night he wakes up 2 times.

We have started a sleep training method which so far is going pretty good.
If Liam wakes up before midnight we don't take him out of his crib, we soothe him by speaking to him, rubbing on him, and loving him while he is still laying in his crib. It is a very hard process, more on the mom then the dad. I was tore up the first night, i think i shed more tears then Liam did. But, we are making progress.

When i first heard of this sleep training thing i was totally disturbed by it. But, once researching and realizing my son was only waking up for cuddling we had to do something.

here is a link where i got a bunch of useful information. Obviously you have to feel this is right for your child, and more importantly you, and if you decide it is stick with it! you can do it! i promise!


It is amazing how much a schedule has helped our life. Liam even reminds me if I start to fall behind even 30 mins.


Good Luck : )


Success=


No comments:

Post a Comment