Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Liam's Kingdom



Our little bundle of joy Liam Matthew should be here any day now!

I put a lot of work into making his nursery special so I wanted to share some pictures and ideas.

Hope you enjoy : )

It all started with the crib, we were lucky enough to get this crib as a gift from one of my husbands clients.

I was never a big fan of the color blue, but once I found out we were having a little boy it became one of my biggest loves.

The wall color we went with was benjamin Moore blue dragon.


This is when I set my heart on the nursery having a blue and white theme, The monkeys were a must from the beginning because of my obsession. I just didnt want to over do the whole monkey thing.

I found this really cute monkey bedding at Baby Depot.

I was lucky enough to have a few special people make handmade gifts for Liam

These 3 monkey painting came out AMAZING! Painted by my fabulous mom. Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil


Aunt Anne made this shelf for Liam with his name on it, so cute!

She also made him this no sew blanket as well



Michele went overboard with her handmade crafts!
She also has a blog, check it out

From the little shoes, to the quilt with Liam's name on the back, she also made burb cloths, and a little sensory toy.
Not to mention the amazing little tie "business baby" onsie!
I really thought a chandelier would be a great touch for the room, and i wasn't wrong I have received so many compliments on it.


I am a total sucker for anything monogram, or personalized I think they add a classic and unique look to the room. I also thought adding the diaper cake and the advice cards (both handmade) from the baby shower. They really look great in the room.


Here are pictures after the room was finally all put together

I added baskets to the bookshelf for a means of storage, and a way to keep things organized, I must admit I am a bit of a neat freak. I also thought adding a unique hook on the wall was a great idea to showcase a cute outfit!


I just painted these letters and hung them from ribbon on my own.


I rolled up all his blankets and placed them in a basket handy next to the crib.

I made this old piece my dad had made for me as a child into a changing table, I thought it would be nice to pass down to Liam and also still remain a useful piece of furniture once he grows too big for a changing table.




I also wanted to keep things handy near the changing table so I thought these shelfs worked out perfect!

I still cant get over how amazing those paintings are. The bulls hoop was a gift from my dad and being such big bulls fans we thought it was an appropriate addition to Liam's room!


Now all we need is the sweet baby Liam to get here and enjoy all of mommy's hard work!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so lucky to have such a great family, great job on the blogging. Let us know when he comes. luv ya Beve

    ReplyDelete