Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Is this a form of child abuse?

Liam had to go for his 2 month check up on Tuesday (August 10)
I was a nervous wreck the whole day, just a big hot mess

I know when I was a child I hated shots. I remember lying one day at school saying I was sick so I didn't have to get my shots, I thought my mom was going to kill me when she found out. Not to mention the traumatizing experience of watching my older brother being held down by nurses as they poke needless in his arm.

Everything I did this day revolved around one burning question, is it going to be okay with Liam getting his shots? Pretty much coming down to what we would have for dinner, as if in some strange way this would alter Liam's behavior because of the shots he had earlier in the day. Yes, looking back i seem like a complete nut job, but at the time i promise i had valid reason behind all this.(or so i thought)

While sitting in the waiting room, I could hear rooms full of kids, I could see the Dr going in to a room 5 minutes later it would be followed with a heart wrenching scream from a child, you would have thought they were poking the child with burning rods, this went on for several rooms, my heart was hurting- literally. it was horrible. I wanted to run out of there as fast as my feet would let me.

The most gut wrenching part of the whole visit was watching Liam lay out in his stroller looking around coo-ing and aw-ing at everything and knowing I was taking him back there for them to shove these needles in his shanks, and he was oblivious to the whole thing. I cant handle it. It makes me even crazier that we have to go back in two more months and get more : (

needless to say Liam did a lot better than I did. Then he was such a cuddle bug, all he wanted was his mommy for the rest of the night, so obviously +1 in my book, he thinks its his dads fault : )


No comments:

Post a Comment